You must complete the PG Cert online education before you can come to this five-day practical training. You must complete both online and hands-on sections from our dental implant courses to be granted a PG Certificate.
Dates available: 16th – 20th September 2019
A deposit of £400 + VAT is required to reserve a placeThe remainder can be paid in 4 easy-to-manage monthly payments.
£2475 + VATAdd course to basket
This is the Implantology Course practical Hands-On five-day section, which goes with the Postgraduate Certificate in Implant Dentistry Online Course.
Dental Implants have become a mainstay of clinical practice but require the dentist to master new diagnostic, surgical, restorative and occlusal techniques for a predictable long-term outcome.
During our implantology hands-on course five days programme there will be numerous practical sessions and live demonstrations, with access to our five teaching surgeries and CBCT scanner. This will allow you to develop your theoretical skills.
Post course mentoring and supervision is also provided satisfying GDC guidelines on implant training, allowing you to develop your implantology skills in a supportive environment.
Dental Implant UK Training Centre
The five-day hands-on part of the Implantology Course is held at the DHTI Learning Centre in Solihull, UK. You can see our dental school dates by clicking the link above that says ‘Select course date’.
Your Course Lecturers and Mentors
On the PG Cert in Implant Dentistry you will learn from experts in the field.
Dominic currently spends three days per week undertaking advanced restorative, aesthetic and implant dentistry and private practice.
Rob works four days per week in private multi-specialist practice undertaking oral surgery, implant surgery, bone grafting, sinus grafting and soft tissue grafting procedures. Rob also works as a part-time clinical lecturer in implantology at Cardiff dental hospital where he teaches on the Implantology MSc programme.
The demand for advanced implant dentistry is rapidly expanding as are patient expectations. This is combined with ever increasing choices in terms of techniques and materials, which can be confusing for the practitioner.
The course is designed to introduce systems and techniques, which will allow you to create a more predictable, enjoyable and profitable practice.
Click here for the Course Objectives
Course costs include lunch, refreshments and supporting materials.
The video lectures are organised into modules to make online learning possible, each module gives you the relevant CPD hours.
Hands On Section 16th-20th September
The hands-on practical 5-day section gives you the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned and complete the Certificate course.
In an ideal world, all dental graduates should have the possibility and privilege to attend these kind of lectures.
Implant Assessment Module
- Implant treatment planning, save or extract, teeth or implants & implant survival/success
- Alternative treatments to implant reconstruction
Implant Planning Module
- The periodontal implant interface, risk assessment, diagnosis & treatment
- Risk based aesthetic implant assessment
- Implant aesthetic & bone quality classification
- Role CBCT in 3D implant planning & general applications
- Biologic & aesthetic based implant selection for long term functional & aesthetic stability
- Essentials of dental photography in implantology
Implant Occlusion Module
- Clinical aspects ideal occlusion and examination of the occlusion
- Occlusal aspects of implant dentistry
- Clinical applications articulators & the earbow record in implant dentistry
- Occlusal issues in implant dentistry
- Practical occlusion videos
Implant Restorative Module
- Restorative & aesthetic aspects of anterior implant restorations
- Abutment & crown selection for single implants in the aesthetic zone
- Implant assisted dentures
Implant Surgical Module
- Surgical anatomy in relation to implants
- Principles of implant surgery
- Surgical implant planning
- Medical and systemic considerations in implants
- Osseointegration & implant surfaces
- Alveolar ridge preservation
Advanced Implant Restorative Module
- Restorative strategies for the multidisciplinary complex case
- The orthodontic implant interface
- Implant maintenance issues
- Orthodontic implants
Advanced Implant Surgical Module
- Surgical complications
- Soft tissue management
- Guided bone regeneration
- Immediate implants
- Autogeneous bone grafting
- Maxillary sinus augmentation
- Diagnosis and managing implant failure
- Peri-implant disease, avoidance and management
- Implant design features
- Implant surgical kit and procedures
- Implant impression taking and laboratory procedures
- Implant abutment selection
5 Day Residential Hands on/practical Programme (sold separately)
- Course Introduction
- Radiographic planning exercises
- CBCT planning exercises
- Introduction to the Straumann system – surgical component practical
- Implant flap design and suturing techniques practical
- Surgical kits and implant placement techniques practical
- Aestheitc aspects of implantology
- Socket preservation and local grafting techniques/GBR techniques practical
- Occlusal aspects of implant dentistry
- Mounting models on the articulator practical
- Face bow recording practical
- Occlusal analysis practical
- Live implant placements
- Nurse Training day and surgery surgical set up (dentists & nurses)demonstration and practical
- Implant prosthetic procedures practical
- Overdentures, impressioning, abutments, crowns, bridges
- Laboratory aspects of implantology (AM Ceramics)
- Clinical photography practical
- Preparing for your first cases and risk based implant planning
- Marketing and promotion of implants in your practice
- The Straumann mentoring and support system