PG Diploma in Contemporary Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry
PG Diploma in Contemporary Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry – 13 Days
Prerequisite, PG Cert Contemporary Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry.
This unique course expands on the skills developed in the Certificate course and can lead to the prestigious award of Fellowship of BAARID on successful completion of the Diploma.
Click here for the Course Overview
It is designed to give you the confidence to tackle more complex restorative, aesthetic and implant cases by offering case mentoring as part of the Diploma.
There will be numerous treatment planning exercises and in depth discussion of clinical cases as well as practical occlusion exercises.
Each course day will involve a high level of practical based work.
The course is designed to satisfy requirements for dentists with a special interest in restorative/fixed and removable prosthodontics or Level II practitioner status.
It meets the current educational aims of training in the Primary Care Sector in a mentored environment supporting the development of a self-reflective clinical case and personal development portfolio.
The award of the Diploma and Fellowship of BAARID follows successful clinical case presentation, submission of the clinical case portfolio and satisfactory performance in the final examination. Please note an additional fee is payable for mentoring of the clinical case portfolio, submission of the portfolio and final examination.
This course is held at the Dominic Hassall Training Institute Learning Centre in Solihull, UK.
The 13-day course begins in September and finishes in July. The course is on Fridays.
The dates are on the website below.
Click here for the Course Objectives
Advanced Course - 2018/19+
£5,785 + VATA deposit of £400 + VAT is required to reserve a place.
The remainder can be paid in
10 easy-to-manage monthly payments.
Diploma Course Dates Fridays 2018
28 September, 12 October, 23 November, 14 December
Diploma Course Dates Fridays 2019
25 January, 15 February, 8 & 22 March, 12 April, 3 May, 14 & 28 June, 12 July
Practical, approachable and interesting course. I work in NHS practice and have implemented a lot of my learning.
Appraisal of the dental literature, clinical techniques and dental materials module
- Critical appraisal of the dental literature
- Evidence based dentistry
Contemporary advanced treatment planning module
- Clinical case presentation
- Treatment planning the complex restorative, aesthetic and implant case
- Predictable restorative and aesthetic treatment
Complex treatment module
- Aesthetic and functional rehabilitation of tooth surface loss
- Clinical applications of the Dahl appliance
- Tooth surface loss from composite to overdentures
- The shortened dental arch and restorative solutions
- Laboratory aspects of aesthetic and implant cases
- Advanced partial dentures
- Predictable precision attachments
- Advanced direct composite veneers, Bioclear Method L3.0
- Direct overlay restoration, deep furcation and Class II restorations, Bioclear Method L4
- The complex crown, bridge, implant and aesthetic case with endodontic and occlusal issues
- The hemisection bridge and crown
- Using the natural tooth as a pontic in adhesive bridgework
- The problem of the last standing tooth
Orthodontic interface module
- Clinical applications of occlusal splints and deprogrammers
- Re-organising the occlusion
- Occlusal considerations in restorative, aesthetic and implant dentistry
Advanced clinical occlusion module
- Aesthetic and functional orthodontic solutions
- The orthodontic/restorative/implant interface
Advanced clinical occlusion module
- Restorative led implant planning
- Implants in the aesthetic zone
- Implant assisted dentures
- Restorative procedures and materials in implant dentistry
- Maintenance and complications in implant, restorative and aesthetic dentistry
Start upgrading your training
Just leave your email address to receive one of our top course modules for free.
Plus get 10% off your first course (after deposit paid) and all course updates.