Aesthetic & Implant Seminars Trading as Dominic Hassall training Institute (DHTI)
The Training Institute aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller is Aesthetic & Implant Seminars LTD; the Information Governance Lead is Emma Mullally.
You will be asked to provide personal information when joining our courses. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide optimum courses to you.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of staff and self-employed team member management
- Personal data for the purposes of [direct mail/email/text] marketing
- Special category data including health records and details of criminal record checks for managing employees and contracted team members
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential.
- Personal data is stored in the [EU] whether in digital or hard copy format
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Personal data is obtained when a client joins a course, and a client subscribes to an email list.
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
The retention period for staff records is 6 years. The retention periods for other personal data are 2 years after it was last processed.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen at the Information Commissioner’s website. Here are some practical examples of your rights:
- If you are a client of the training institute or mailing list you have the right to withdraw consent for important notifications, newsletters, surveys or marketing. You can inform us to correct errors in your personal details or withdraw consent from communication methods such as telephone, email or text. To request a change or deletion of your data, please email [email protected].
- We have carried out a Privacy Impact Assessment and you can request a copy from the details below. The details of how we ensure security of personal data are in our Security Risk Assessment and Information Governance Procedures.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact Emma Mullally at the Training Institute for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at [email protected] or 0121 705 2705 or by writing to or visiting the Training Institute at 91 Lode Lane, Solihull, B91 2HH. We take complaints very seriously.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an advisor. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Related practice procedures
You can also use these contact details to request copies of the following policies or procedures:
- Data Protection and Information Security Policy
- Privacy Impact Assessment