PG Cert in Contemporary Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry (Level 1)
The demand for advanced restorative and aesthetic dentistry is rapidly expanding as are patient expectations. This is combined with ever increasing choices in terms of techniques and materials which can be confusing for the practitioner.
This comprehensive modular course is designed for all dentists who undertake restorative or aesthetic dentistry and wish to improve their knowledge and practical skills.
A deposit of £400 + VAT is required to reserve a place.
Fridays £5,785 + VATADD COURSE TO BASKET
Click here for the Course Overview
The course is designed to introduce systems and techniques which will allow you to create a more predictable, enjoyable and profitable restorative and aesthetic practice.
This course is held at the Dominic Hassall Training Institute Learning Centre in Solihull, UK.
The 13-day course begins in September and finishes in July. You have a choice of Fridays or Saturdays. The dates are on the website below.
Every course day will involve a high level of practical hands-on work.
Click here for the Course Objectives
Grants membership of BAARID and counts as credits towards BAARID Diploma
Course costs include lunch, supporting materials but excludes tooth prep models and study models.
Find Out more about the course here
Watch the video >
Friday Restorative Course Dates 2018/2019
7 September, 5 October, 9 November, 7 December
4 January, 1 February, 1 & 15 March, 5 April, 10 May, 7 & 21 June, 5 July
Saturday Restorative Course Dates 2018/2019
22 September, 6 October, 17 November, 1 December
5 January, 2 February, 2 & 16 March, 6 April, 11 May, 8 & 22 June, 6 July
Great depth of new technique. Great to ask questions and improve skills/knowledge. Excellent training course.
Complete Course Overview
- Rules and tools in smile design – case presentation
- Medico legal aspects and consent
- Shade taking/laboratory communication
- Clinical photography
- Predictable tooth whitening
- Current concepts in diagnosis and treatment
- Systemic and topical antimicrobials
- Links with systemic diseases
- Patient motivation and co-diagnosis
- Restorative and aesthetic implications of the biologic width
Aesthetic and Surgical Periodontics Module
- Surgical crown lengthening
- Aesthetic / regenerative periodontal surgery
- The ovate pontic concept / ridge preservation techniques
- Practical occlusion in restorative/aesthetic dentistry
- Articulators in restorative and aesthetic dentistry
- Face bow recording / mounting models on the articulator
- Functional and aesthetic diagnostic wax ups
- Occlusal deprogrammers and splints
- Clinical aspects occlusal disorders
Complex Treatment Module
- Comprehensive risk based assessment and treatment planning
- Co-diagnosis, patient communication and conversion
- Multidisciplinary management of the failing dentition
- Treatment strategies tooth surface loss
- Dental implants in practice
- Predictable precision attachments for the GDP
- Removable prosthodontics
- Aesthetic and functional aspects of short term, comprehensive and lingual orthodontics
Anterior and Posterior Aesthetics Module
- Material selection
- Anterior composites, Bioclear Method L1
- Posterior composites, Bioclear Method L2
- Anterior and posterior veneers
- Inlays and onlays
- Conventional and all ceramic crowns and bridges
- Adhesive and fixed moveable bridges
- Successful impressions and soft tissue handling
- Avoiding failure in aesthetic and restorative dentistry
- Core techniques, post systems, cements and bonding
There are numerous hands on practical sessions including:
- Smile design
- Surgical and cosmetic crown lengthening
- Face bow and articulator usage, mounting models
- Treatment planning exercises
- Veneer preparation guides
- Shade taking and laboratory communication
- Rubber dam application
- Occlusal deprogrammers and splints
- Anterior composite restorations (interproximal/disatema closure/black triangle treatment/peg shaped laterals)
- Posterior composite restorations (occlusal/interproximal/overlay)
Tooth preparation exercises include:
- Porcelain laminate veneers
- All ceramic crowns and bridges
- Conventional/fixed-moveable bridges
- Adhesive bridges
- Composite/ceramic inlays and onlays
- Anterior and posterior composite restorations
- Veneer and crown preparation guides
After completion of the course delegates will have the opportunity to be Level I and Level II Bioclear practitioners and be included in the Bioclear International database.