COURSE STARTS JULY 2020
A deposit of £400 + VAT is required to reserve a placeThe remainder can be paid in either 6 or 12 easy-to-manage and interest-free monthly payments, or pay in full for an extra 5% discount. No interest is charged. The hands on course is purchased separately, details can be found here.
£3689 + VATADD COURSE TO BASKET
This section is the online part of the PG Cert blended course.
13-day equivalent for the whole course, the online section will give you 56 hours of enhanced CPD, and the hands-on section 35 hours.
The online section can be taken independently of the full course. However, you must complete both online and hands-on sections to be granted a Certificate and be able to move on to the Advanced course.
All fees include course materials, supporting literature and access to on line materials.
Click here for the Course Overview
This course has the equivalent of 8 days online and a 5-day hands-on section. Together the course gives you the same information as the residential course, organised and presented in a slightly different way.
The 5-day hands-on part of the course is held at the DHTI Learning Centre in Solihull, UK. You can see dates by clicking ‘Select course date‘.
This comprehensive modular course is designed for all dentists who undertake restorative or aesthetic dentistry and wish to improve their knowledge and practical skills. The course has similar content to the traditional course, rearranged for easy online learning.
The demand for advanced restorative and aesthetic dentistry is rapidly expanding as are patient expectations. This is combined with ever increasing choices in terms of techniques and materials, which can be confusing for the practitioner.
The course is designed to introduce systems and techniques, which will allow you to create a more predictable, enjoyable and profitable restorative and aesthetic practice.
You must complete both courses for the PG Cert in Contemporary Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry.
Find out more
Watch the video
Online Section The video lectures are organised into modules to make online learning possible, each module gives you the relevant CPD hours.
Hands On Section The hands-on practical 5-day section is an extra stage for you to practice the skills you have learned and complete the Certificate course.
Dominic has great knowledge, he presents research-based, quality cases, and he delivers lectures in a way that is friendly and approachable
- Rules and tools in smile design – case presentation
- Medico legal aspects and consent
- Shade taking/laboratory communication
- Clinical photography
- Predictable tooth whitening
- Current concepts in diagnosis and treatment
- Systemic and topical antimicrobials
- Links with systemic diseases
- Patient motivation and co-diagnosis
- Restorative and aesthetic implications of the biologic width
- Practical occlusion in restorative/aesthetic dentistry
- Articulators in restorative and aesthetic dentistry
- Face bow recording / mounting models on the articulator
- Functional and aesthetic diagnostic wax ups
- Occlusal deprogrammers and splints
- Clinical aspects occlusal disorders
Complex Treatment Module
- Comprehensive risk based assessment and treatment planning
- Co-diagnosis, patient communication and conversion
- Multidisciplinary management of the failing dentition
- Treatment strategies tooth surface loss
- Dental implants in practice
- Predictable precision attachments for the GDP
- Removable prosthodontics
- Aesthetic and functional aspects of short term, comprehensive and lingual orthodontics
Aesthetic and Surgical Periodontics Module
- Surgical crown lengthening
- Aesthetic / regenerative periodontal surgery
- The ovate pontic concept / ridge preservation techniques
Anterior and Posterior Aesthetics Module
- Material selection
- Anterior composites, Bioclear Method L1
- Posterior composites, Bioclear Method L2
- Anterior and posterior veneers
- Inlays and onlays
- Conventional and all ceramic crowns and bridges
- Adhesive and fixed moveable bridges
- Successful impressions and soft tissue handling
- Avoiding failure in aesthetic and restorative dentistry
- Core techniques, post systems, cements and bonding
The separate hands-on course has numerous practical sessions including:
- Smile design
- Surgical and cosmetic crown lengthening
- Face bow and articulator usage, mounting models
- Treatment planning exercises
- Veneer preparation guides
- Shade taking and laboratory communication
- Rubber dam application
- Occlusal deprogrammers and splints
- Anterior composite restorations (interproximal/disatema closure/black triangle treatment/peg shaped laterals)
- Posterior composite restorations (occlusal/interproximal/overlay)
Tooth preparation exercises include:
- Porcelain laminate veneers
- All ceramic crowns and bridges
- Conventional/fixed-moveable bridges
- Adhesive bridges
- Composite/ceramic inlays and onlays
- Anterior and posterior composite restorations
- Veneer and crown preparation guides
After completion of the course delegates will have the opportunity to be Level I and Level II Bioclear practitioners and be included in the Bioclear International database.